Monday, February 9, 2009

Tala

Greetings friends and welcome to my blog.

I suppose I'll start out with this - I'm new to Second Life. I was "born" on January 29th, 2009.

I joined because, let's face it, there aren't many places, even on the internet, where you can have the opportunity to be a mermaid.


Going into Second Life I already knew what I wanted. I had some friends there that were involved in the furry community and roleplaying, and I had seen other mermaid blogs in various areas of the internet.

I knew that I wanted a mermaid avatar. I knew that I wanted a parcel of land with lots of water. I knew that I wanted to interact with other mers and make friends and participate in a little roleplaying.

IRL, I'm generally not the kind of person to get immersed in a virtual world, and I've always had mental images of SecondLife fans being socially crippled losers. I know it's horrible, but as I signed up for SecondLife with the default gaming girl avatar and went right away to Siren's Mermaid Mall, a thought in the back of my mind whispered "oh god you're actually doing it."

But now I have my mermaid avatar, and my parcel of land at Serenity Unleashed, and I couldn't be happier.

I started out by trying several different tails, but the one that I ended up sticking with was Erluen's Flexi LEGLESS Tail from Merwings! It came completely with its own Animation Override (AO), and while it's not nearly as fancy as some of the other tails I tried, the fact that you can't see the legs makes it all the more worth it. I see other tails that are beautiful and fancy, but have a nice bulge where the feet should be.

The hair was an instant favorite of mine the moment I saw it. It's 3 Star Design's Blue Opal Hair, and it comes in two versions - long and super short. I of course opted for the long version. The hair is beautiful, colorful, and wildly flows in the wind/current, and comes adorned with pearls and seashells.

The addition of purple skin came later. I chose ND/MD Miranda Purple Mermaid Skin. It goes well with the purple/blue color scheme I already had going and it's just the right shade - not too light and not too dark.

Once I had experimented with different things, I decided I was happy with these results. Now that I had just the right avatar, it was time to figure out how to make my home just as appealing and "mermaidish".

No comments:

Post a Comment