Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A change of color

After using my previous avatar for a good long while, I decided it needed a splash of color.

Rather, it needed all the colors. I'm a rainbow fanatic so the more colors the better.

The spine fins are actually from an entirely different set than the tail. The tail is yet another of Erluen's Flexi Legless tails, only this one is in pink. Aside from the base color, the main difference between the pink and blue tails is that the pink tail has much more colorful fins.

Fins that coincidentally match those of Erluen's Slimline Rainbow Guppy Tail, which I had purchased beforehand before deciding legless was the way to go. Since the legless tail had no spine fins, I just borrowed them from the Slimline and the outfit was complete!

Honestly, I can't wait to see more legless tails available out there. After going legless, it's hard to go back to normal tails. The only problem I have with legless tails is they sometimes work awkwardly with poseballs. Otherwise, I have no complaints and suspect that legless tails will become far more common in the future (and poseballs will be more compatible with them too!)

As for the hair, again - as colorful as it was I decided that anything that was truly ME had to be rainbow colored. FL friends know that I'm all about the rainbows!

So began the SL search for rainbow hair.

It's alot harder than you'd think! Finally I came across this ponytail at Goth1c0.

The star tattoo on the my chest is actually from a Rainbow Brite costume I got at Adored. It seemed to fit with the theme!

Other than changes to my avatar, I don't really have much else to talk about. FL has taken priority for the past few weeks.

I've been really looking for a change of scenery in SL. A sim where you can engage in active mer RP as your SL self. In my quest for mer interaction, I either happen upon other mers by coincidence, go to mer dances, or find myself joining large-scale fantasy RP sims with strict rules and combat meters and character applications.

The latter sounded appealing at first, but I realize that I don't want to RP some made-up character on SecondLife. I want to live my SecondLife as a mermaid. Being a mer was my whole reason for joining. But I want to form ongoing friendships with other mers. I want to make my own mer story without having to 'act' as a 'character'.

Furries on SL don't have this kind of problem. They live their alternate lives quite well with plenty of interaction, from what I understand. Why don't we mers have that? I know there are lots of us out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment